Being on the road long seems boring, right?
Let me share with you an idea to make your next road trip fun and exciting. Why not try sharing jokes with your loved ones in the car?
Exchanging hilarious jokes makes everyone entertain and laugh until your sides hurt.
I’m sure it will add to your memorable moments during your trip.
Keep everyone entertained and kill the boredom during your travel with our list of best road trip jokes perfect for any age.
Road Trip Jokes to Keep Everyone Entertained
When boredom strikes during a road trip, most of us sleep! Let’s try another way to kill it.
Entertained everyone with these funny jokes and scenarios that make them non-stop laughing.
- There’s nothing I like more than sleeping through a road trip. But they’re always saying keep your eyes on the road
- I refuse to take my dog on road trips any more. He can be such a bark seat driver
- A joke I made up 10yr ago on a road trip… What did the calendar say on its deathbed? My days are numbered.
- A penguin was taking a summer road trip… A penguin was taking a summer road trip in the American Southwest when his car broke down and he got a tow to the nearest shop. The mechanic told him it would take an hour to check his car, so the penguin waddled across the street to an ice cream shop and ordered a vanilla cone, which he made a huge mess of, because flippers. After an hour had passed he waddled back to the auto shop. Mechanic said “Welp, looks like you blew a seal”, the penguin said “No, that’s just ice cream”.
- Watching Highway Signs: There was this car that was driving very slowly down the highway. A State Trooper pulls it over. “What have I done wrong, officer?” the driver asks. “You are going 26mph on a major highway. There is a law against that,” the officer says to the driver. “You must go at least 50mph.” “But when I turned on the highway, the sign said 26!” the driver replies. “HA HA HA!” The officer laughs out loud. “That is because this is Interstate 26! The 26 isn’t the speed limit!” The driver leans back in her car seat and the cop sees another woman sitting beside her. She looked as pale as a ghost. “What happened to her?” the officer asks. “I don’t know, but she has been that way ever since we got off of interstate 160.”
- I was on a road trip, and I saw roadkill on the side of the road. I got super freaked out when it screamed for help.
- Parking Ticket: A man was in court charged with parking his car in a restricted area. The judge asked if he had anything to say in his defense. “They shouldn’t put up such misleading notices,” said the man. “It said FINE FOR PARKING HERE.”
- I love long road trips with music… Until the acid wears off and I realize I’m in an ambulance with the siren on.
- Wrong Way! As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife’s voice urgently warning him, “Herman, I just heard on the news that there’s a car going the wrong way on 280 Interstate. Please be careful!” “Hell,” said Herman, “It’s not just one car. There Are Hundreds of them!”
- A guy on a long road trip walks into a bar with a roll of tarmac under his arm. He orders two beers, “One for me and one for the road”.
- Engine Trouble: Auntie Maud bought herself a new rear-engine European car. She took an old friend for a drive, but after only half a mile the car broke down. Both women got out and opened up the front of the car. “Oh. Maud,” said her friend, “you’ve lost your engine!” “Never mind, dear,” said auntie. “I’ve got a spare one in the trunk.”
Road Trip Jokes About Family and Friends
Get to know your family on a much more intimate level and have fun by sharing these funny road trip jokes during your next road trip.
- Water in the Carburetor: WIFE: “There’s trouble with the car. It has water in the carburetor.” HUSBAND: “Water in the carburetor? That’s ridiculous.” WIFE: “I tell you the car has water in the carburetor.” HUSBAND: “You don’t even know what a carburetor is. I’ll check it out. Where’s the car?” WIFE: “In the pool.”
- I mean, NHL teams have father-son road trips all the time. I don’t think they’re as common in the NBA though…
- A husband and wife went on a road trip. They were driving by some plains when they sighted some wild pigs. The wife jokingly asked her husband,” Are those relatives of yours?” To which the husband replies,” Yup! Those are my in-laws!”
- While on a road trip, an elderly couple stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch. After finishing their meal, they left the restaurant, and resumed their trip. When leaving, the elderly woman unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn’t miss them until they had been driving for about forty minutes. By then, to add to the aggravation, they had to travel quite a distance before they could find a place to turn around, in order to return to the restaurant to retrieve her glasses. All the way back, the elderly husband became the classic grouchy old man. He fussed and complained, and scolded his wife relentlessly during the entire return drive. The more he chided her, the more agitated he became. He just wouldn’t let up for a single minute. To her relief, they finally arrived at the restaurant. As the woman got out of the car and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, the old geezer yelled to her, “While you’re in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card!!!” This week is National Senior Mental Health Week.
- A man and his family are on a road trip… They pull into a seedy looking motel for the night. When they go to check-in, he sends his family to the room and leans over the counter, and says to the attendant: “Sir, I hope all your porn channels are disabled.” The man behind the counter looks at him disgustedly and says: “No, they’re REGULAR porn channels you sick fuck!”
- A wife and husband are going on a road trip. After a few hours, the wife decides that she is tired… Wife: Y’know honey, I think I might take a nap. The husband gives her a nod, and after putting her chair into a comfortable position for sleeping, she dozes off. A while later, she wakes up, and notices that they are completely off road and in some place she doesn’t recognize. Wife: Where the hell are we! Husband: I don’t know, I just woke up too.
- A family is on a road trip when suddenly a dildo bounces off their windshield. “What was that?” asks the daughter. “It was just a bug, dear” the mom replies. “Damn” the son says, “did you see the size of it’s dick?”
- There’s a family with the last name Joke who have these creepy stalker impostors, when one day, the Joke family sees some shooting stars while on a road trip and disappears.
- The news breaks that this family had disappeared while driving on the road. The search begins and they find a car similar to the one Mr. Joke was driving. They open and find who they believe to be the Jokes. They interview them but the story seems to be inconsistent with the actual event. They get DNA evidence from the Joke’s house and from the other people and it’s not a match. They determine that the Jokes had been sucked up by a small icy extraterrestrial body and put the impostors on trial for perjury and obstruction of justice. During the trial, the defendants’ lawyers tried to defend the impostors when the attorney for the Jokes said,” Nonsense, the real Jokes are in the comets.”
- 4 college guys go on a weekend road trip… They are having such a good time that they decide to play hooky and skip out on their Monday exam in psychology. They all send their professor an email saying they had a flat tire while out of town and the professor said no problem, unexpected things happen. They could take it on Tuesday. Celebrating their white lie they had another big night out and headed back on Monday. When they got back on campus Tuesday they went and saw their professor and she asked if they were all right, thanked them for letting her know ahead of time, and told them to get ready for the test. Inwardly laughing they were separated into four separate rooms so as not to cheat. All four flipped over the sheet and saw only two questions: For 5% credit, what does DSM stand for in the DSM-5? For 95% credit, which tire went flat?
- I took a road trip with my German buddy and when I accidentally dropped my hot dog out the window he swung the car around to go back and get it… That’s when the whole trip really took a turn for the wurst.
Funny Brain Teasers About Road Trips
Are you looking for a fun way to distract your loved ones from boredom? Why not try Brain Teaser jokes!
Everyone will be puzzled to think about what might be the correct answer.
Trick them with these brain teaser jokes we have collected perfect for any age.
- What road did Satan take on his road trip? Route 666.
- Where do bees stop to use the bathroom on road trips? The BP station.
- Why wasn’t the fungus invited on the road trip? Because there weren’t mushrooms. Please don’t blame my seven year old for this, it was written by an adult.
- Where did the heart, liver, and kidney go on a road trip? Oregon
- Why are amputees so good at road trips? They’re always on the last leg.
- Anyone wanna a road trip to Tennessee? I hear Gatlinburg is pretty lit.
- Have you ever taken a road trip to the Seagate factory? It’s a hard drive.
- What state did the programmer start her road trip in? Maine
- Did you hear about the depressed man going on a cross country road trip? He’s weeping the nation.
Road Trip Quotes
Sharing Road Trip quotes with everyone in the car inspires and motivates you while on the road.
Why not pass the travel time by sharing these funny and inspiring quotes about road trips.
- “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions.” – Jenn McKinlay
- “People having babies and getting married…and I’m like: where am I road tripping to next?” – Unknown
- “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places.” – Tom Lichtenheld
- “The best part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination … it’s fast food along the way…” – Unknown
- “I get emotionally attached to the cars ahead of me on long road trips.” – Unknown
- “That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything.” – John Green
- “It doesn’t matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100.” – Unknown
- “It’s a road trip! It’s about adventure! . . . It’s not like we have somewhere to go.” – John Green
- “I love road trips. You get into this Zen rhythm; throw the sense of time out the window.” – Miriam Toews
- “If you’re on a road trip, you need driving music.” – Edgar Wright
- “We all have that one friend who is either on a road-trip or planning a road-trip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip.” – Crestless Wave
- “You can be writing every day. When you go on a road trip, the trip itself becomes part of the story.” ― Steve Rushin
Road trips are one of the best forms of adventure travel and should never be boring. It should be a relaxing and fun bonding moment with your family and friends.
Since you reach nearly the end of this article, I feel that you are all set and ready on your next road trip with the provision jokes you got. Let’s level up the excitement! Why not take note of these following funny jokes too?
- Vacation Jokes to Play Around (Vacation means leaving everything behind while enjoying and creating memories. So leave all the bad vibes and just laugh!)
- Hilarious Airplane Jokes (Hate to wait at the airport? Oh yeah! Kill the boredom with these Airplane Jokes we have!)
Be sure that you are Insta-Ready on your next road trip. Head over to Pinterest to have an idea of what to prepare.
Build fun memories that will last by sharing our funny road trip and travel jokes. Don’t forget to share with others too.