Being on the road long seems boring, right?
Let me share with you an idea to make your next road trip fun and exciting. Why not try sharing jokes with your loved ones in the car?
Exchanging hilarious jokes makes everyone entertain and laugh until your sides hurt. I’m sure it will add to your memorable moments during your trip.
Keep everyone entertained and kill the boredom during your travel with our list of best road trip jokes perfect for any age.
Road Trip Jokes to Keep Everyone Entertained
When boredom strikes during a road trip, most of us sleep! Let’s try another way to kill it.
Entertained everyone with these funny jokes and scenarios that make them non-stop laughing.
- There’s nothing better than sleeping through a road trip.
- Even though they keep repeating “keep your eyes on the road”.
- I refuse to take my dog on road trips any more.
- He can be such a bark seat driver
- This is a joke I made up on a road trip 10 years ago…
- What was written in the calendar on its deathbed? My days are numbered.
- A penguin was taking a summer road trip…
- In the American Southwest, a penguin was on a summer road trip when his car broke down, and he had to be towed to the nearest shop.
- The mechanic advised him it would take an hour to inspect his vehicle, so the penguin waddled across the road to an ice cream shop and ordered a vanilla cone, which he made a huge mess of, because flippers.
- After an hour had passed he waddled back to the auto shop.
- Mechanic said “Welp, looks like you blew a seal”, the penguin said “No, that’s just ice cream”.
- Missing three consecutive Tesla payments.
- Then the car drives itself back to the sales house.
- After wrecking my last car,
- I figured out whether Mercedes bend or not.
- During a road trip, I saw a sign that said ‘Rest Stop 1 Mile’.
- I thought to myself, “Wow, that’s really big.”
- Watching Highway Signs:
- There was this car moving actually slowly on the highway.
- A State Trooper pulls it over. “What have I done wrong, officer?” the driver asks.
- “You are going 26mph on a main highway. There is a law against that,” the officer explains to the driver. “You must go at least 50mph.”
- “But when I turned on the highway, the sign said 26!” the driver responds.
- “HA HA HA!” The officer chuckles out loud.
- “That’s because this is Interstate 26! The 26 isn’t the speed limit!” The driver leans back in her vehicle seat and the officer notices another woman seated beside her.
- She looked as pale as a ghost. “What happened to her?” the officer asks.
- “I don’t know, but she has been that way ever since we got off of interstate 160.”
- I was on a road trip, and I saw roadkill on the side of the road.
- I got super freaked out when it screamed for help.
- Parking Ticket:
- A man was found parking his car in an area where it was not permitted.
- The judge asked if he would have anything to say in his defense.
- “They shouldn’t put up such misleading notices,” said the man. “It said FINE FOR PARKING HERE.”
- I enjoy long road trips with music…
- Until the acid will wear off, and I realize that I’m in the ambulance with sirens blaring.
- Wrong Way!
- While driving down a freeway, a senior citizen’s cell phone rang.
- Answering, he heard his wife’s voice desperately alerting him, “Herman, I just heard on the news that there’s a vehicle going the wrong way on 280 Interstate. Please be careful!”
- “Hell,” said Herman, “It’s not just one vehicle. There Are Hundreds of them!”
- This man is on a long road trip and has a roll of tarmac in his arm while walking into a bar.
- He orders two beers, “One for me and one for the road”.
- Engine Trouble:
- Aunt Maud bought a new rear-engine European car.
- She drove an old friend home, but the car broke down after less than a mile.
- They both got out of the car and opened the front door.
- “Oh. Maud,” said her friend, “you’ve lost your engine!”
- “Never mind, dear,” said auntie. “I have a spare in the trunk.”
Road Trip Jokes About Family and Friends
Get to know your family on a much more intimate level and have fun by sharing these funny road trip jokes during your next road trip.
- Water in the Carburetor:
- WIFE: “There is a problem with this car. The carburetor has water in it.”
- HUSBAND: “Water in the carburetor? That’s ridiculous.”
- WIFE: “I tell you the car has water in the carburetor.”
- HUSBAND: “Do you even know what a carburetor is? Where’s the car? I’ll go check it out.”
- WIFE: “In the pool.”
- I mean, NHL teams have father-son road trips all the time.
- Although they aren’t as common in the NBA…
- A husband and wife went on a road trip.
- As they drove along in their car, they saw some wild pigs in some plains.
- The wife jokingly asked her husband,” Are those relatives of yours?”
- To which the husband replies,” Yup! Those are my in-laws!”
- During a road trip, an elderly couple stopped for lunch at a roadside restaurant.
- After finishing their meal, they left the restaurant and continued their trip.
- As they left, the elderly woman unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she did not notice them until they had driven for about 40 minutes.
- By then, they had already traveled quite the distance before they were able to turn around in order to get back to the restaurant to get her glasses.
- As the old man grew older, he became the classic gruff old man.
- He fussed and argued, and scolded his wife endlessly during the entire return drive.
- The more he chided her, the more agitated he became.
- He just wouldn’t let up for a single minute.
- To her relief, they finally arrived at the restaurant.
- As the woman got out of the car and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, the old geezer yelled to her, “While you’re in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card!!!”
- This week is National Senior Mental Health Week.
- A man and his family are taking a road trip…
- For the night, they stay at a seedy looking motel.
- When they go to check-in, he sends his family to the room and bends over the counter, and says to the attendant: “Sir, I hope all your porn channels are disabled.”
- A man behind the counter looked at him disgustedly and said, “They’re regular porn channels, you douche!”
- During a road trip, a couple is travelling. Several hours after they begin, the wife decides that she feels tired…
- Wife: Honey, I think I might take a nap.
- The husband nods, and after adjusting her chair into a comfortable position for sleeping, she dozes off.
- A while later, she wakes up, and notices that they are completely off road and in some place she doesn’t recognize.
- Wife: Where the hell are we!
- Husband: I don’t know, I just woke up too.
- During a road trip, a dildo bounces off the family’s windshield.
- “What was that?” asks the daughter. “It was just a bug, dear” the mom replies. “Damn,” the son said, “did you see how big its gizzard was?”
- A family called Joke has some creepy stalker looking impersonators on their property.
- When one day, during a road trip, the Joke family sees some shooting stars and disappears.
- The news breaks that this family has disappeared while traveling on the road.
- A car similar to the one Mr. Joke was driving is found during the search.
- They open it and find who they believe to be the Jokes.
- They interview them but the story seems to be inconsistent with the actual event.
- They tested DNA evidence from the Joke’s house along with that from the other people, and it wasn’t a match.
- They determine that the Jokes had been sucked up by a small icy extraterrestrial body and put the impostors on trial for perjury and obstruction of justice.
- During the trial, the defendants’ lawyers tried to defend the impostors when the attorney for the Jokes said,” Nonsense, the real Jokes are in the comets.”
- A group of four college students went on a weekend road trip.
- They are having such a good time that they decide to play hooky and skip out on their Monday exam in psychology.
- Everyone sent an email to their professor saying they had a flat tire while out of town, and the professor said no problem, unexpected things happen.
- They could take it on Tuesday. In celebration of their white lie, they went out again and headed home on Monday.
- When they got back on campus Tuesday they went and saw their professor and she asked if they were all right, thanked them for letting her know ahead of time, and told them to get ready for the test.
- Inwardly laughing they were separated into four separate rooms so as not to cheat.
- All four flipped over the sheet and saw only two questions: For 5% credit, what does DSM stand for in the DSM-5? For 95% credit, which tire went flat?
- My German buddy and I went on a road trip, and when I dropped my hot dog out the window, he swung the car around to go back and get it…
- It was then when things started to go sour on the trip.
Funny Brain Teasers About Road Trips
Are you looking for a fun way to distract your loved ones from boredom? Why not try Brain Teaser jokes!
Everyone will be puzzled to think about what might be the correct answer.
Trick them with these brain teaser jokes we have collected perfect for any age.
- What route did Satan take on his road trip?
- Route 666.
- Do you know what kind of car Yoda drives?
- A Toyoda.
- What did the jack tell the car by the side of the road?
- Can I give you a lift?
- When a Ford Fiesta runs out of gas, what do you call it?
- A Ford siesta.
- Is there a reason why the fungus wasn’t invited on the road trip?
- There were no mushrooms!
- Have you heard about the time Nirvana took a road trip?
- All I know about it is that Kurt called shotgun.
- When traveling on a road trip, where do bees stop to use the bathroom?
- The BP station.
- How come the fungus was not invited to the road trip?
- Because there weren’t mushrooms. Please don’t blame my seven year old for this, it was written by an adult.
- On a road trip, where did the heart, liver and kidney go?
- What is it about amputees that makes them so good at road trips?
- They’re always on the last leg.
- Would anyone like to take a road trip to Tennessee?
- I hear Gatlinburg is pretty lit.
- Were you ever on a road trip to the Seagate factory?
- It’s a hard drive.
- Where did the programmer start her road trip?
- Were you aware of the cross-country road trip taken by the depressed man?
- He’s weeping the nation.
Road Trip Quotes
Sharing Road Trip quotes with everyone in the car inspires and motivates you while on the road.
Why not pass the travel time by sharing these funny and inspiring quotes about road trips.
- “A couple of things are required for road trips: diet that is well balanced with caffeine, salt and sugar and a superb collection of tunes—oh, and directions.”
- – Jenn McKinlay
- “People having babies and getting married…and I’m like: where am I road tripping to next?”
- – Unknown
- “Taking a road trip gives the family the opportunity to bond when visiting new places together, while annoying each other.”
- – Tom Lichtenheld
- “The best part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination … it’s fast food along the way…”
- – Unknown
- “I get emotionally attached to the cars ahead of me on long road trips.”
- – Unknown
- “Dude, that’s why I love road trips. It’s like doing something, but without doing anything!”
- – John Green
- “It doesn’t matter how old you get, buying snacks for a road trip should always look like an unsupervised 9-year-old was given $100.”
- – Unknown
- “It’s road trip time! It’s all about the adventure! . . . In fact, we don’t even have somewhere to go.”
- – John Green
- “I love taking road trips. I get into this Zen rhythm, and I tend to lose track of time; throw the sense of time to the wind.”
- – Miriam Toews
- “A road trip is incomplete without driving music.
- – Edgar Wright
- “All of us know someone who is either traveling or planning a road trip, is talking about a road trip, or posts quotes regarding road trips.”
- – Crestless Wave
- “Every day you can write. When you embark on a road trip, you are making a story.”
- ― Steve Rushin
Road trips are one of the best forms of adventure travel and should never be boring. It should be a relaxing and fun bonding moment with your family and friends.
Since you reach nearly the end of this article, I feel that you are all set and ready on your next road trip with the provision jokes you got. Let’s level up the excitement! Why not take note of these following funny jokes too?
- Vacation Jokes to Play Around (Vacation means leaving everything behind while enjoying and creating memories. So leave all the bad vibes and just laugh!)
- Hilarious Airplane Jokes (Hate to wait at the airport? Oh yeah! Kill the boredom with these Airplane Jokes we have!)
- Nature Jokes to give you a hill-arious laughter the entire time
Be sure that you are Insta-Ready on your next road trip. Head over to Pinterest to have an idea of what to prepare.