Thinking of something cool and funny to start a conversation? I think we have an answer to that one!
Having essential qualities for a good conversation is a plus. Once you ask funny questions, good conversations will follow.
This will help you express your own opinions and make the other person start to relax and be comfortable. Also, make eye-to-eye contact to show that you are really interested in keeping the conversation going.
Enjoy these lists of funny questions to ask. You’ll love it!
Funny and Random Conversation Starters
Sometimes, we just want to ask random questions to initiate a cheerful conversation. Just being yourself will make the conversation effortless and enjoyable.
There you go, enjoy this list of funny conversation starters and get ready for a hilarious conversation.
- Do you have any guilty pleasures you’re willing to admit?
- Would you rather wear shoes every minute of your life or be forbidden to wear them ever again?
- Is there a scene in a movie that always makes you laugh no matter how many times you watch it?
- Can you share the worst commercial you’ve seen recently? Why is it so bad?
- Which animal would you choose to help you win a fight if you had to choose one?
- What has been the craziest thing that one of your teachers has ever done?
- Have you done anything that you consider to be craziest that you have ever done?
- In case of a zombie apocalypse, what is the first thing you would do?
- When you pass a stranger on the street what would be the creepiest thing you could say to them?
- Do you prefer feeling like you sneeze all of the time or like you are always being tickled?
- If you could go to Hogwarts, Rivendell, or the Death Star, which one would you choose?
- If you had to pick one thing to change about yourself, what would it be?
- If you were planning a romantic night, what would you plan for your partner?
- In the absence of speech, which animal sounds would you use to communicate?
- Which song would you choose if you could audition for a talent TV show and why?
- Tell us the craziest thing on your bucket list.
- If you learned that you were the direct descendant of a king or queen, would you go and claim your throne or would you keep your life as it was?
- When you hear someone scrape their teeth with a fork while eating, how do you feel?
- Which was the ugliest food you ever ate?
- What would you prefer for your twins? Twin boys, twin girls, or a mixed pair?
- When using toilet paper, do you set the flap over or under the paper?
- What causes sleeping pills to have warning labels that state: Caution – Causes Drowsiness?
- If the choice was between unlimited sushi for life and unlimited tacos for life, which would you take?
- An elephant can be killed with how many chickens?
- What jobs would animals be uniquely qualified for if they were as intelligent as humans?
Funny Questions for Your First Date
First dates will be very exciting.
You will get to know each other and will share anything about your life. Yes, it will be nerve-wracking at first, but saying funny questions for your conversation will shrink the awkwardness aside.
Why don’t you take note of these questions and we promise this will be a big help for your first dates.
- Would you rather spend time indoors or outdoors?
- Would you mind telling me something I don’t know about you?
- In your opinion, what two items do you think you could buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?
- Which food would you eliminate, so that it will never be eaten again?
- Based on your opinion, which reality TV show is the funniest?
- During your free time, what is your favorite activity?
- You were granted three wishes, but you couldn’t use them for money or material goods. What would you wish for?
- If you were forced to give up one of your five senses, which would it be?
- What would you choose if you could replace your hands with anything?
- Is there an ice cream flavor that describes you?
- If you were a famous person for the week, who would you be and why?
- Do you have any ideas on what people should talk less about and more about? more about?
- Tell Me About The Things You Laugh At?
- What would you do if you could be sneaky and no one would know?
- If a plane crashes near the border between the United States and Canada, where do the survivors get buried?
- The good news is that you ended up eating radioactive pizza. The even better news is that it’s given you one superpower of your choice. Who would you choose?
- When it comes to the First Day of School, what traditions or superstitions have you developed?
- Would you prefer to sit for eight hours or stand for ten hours?
- What movie and what role would you choose if you could be in it?
- Does it make sense for someone to be one person inside but completely different and opposite on the outside?
- Do you prefer dating just one person until you know for sure that it’s going to work out or dating several people until you make your mind up?
- This year, what have you felt was the best and the worst thing to happen to you?
- Why do you think that common ailments such as headaches or cavities occur? What are some ridiculous, but plausible theories you can come up with?
- At the grocery store, what three items could you buy together that will make the cashier laugh?
- If you had the chance to take only one thing with you to a deserted island, what would that be?
Funny Conversation Starters for Family Dinner
How can you make family dinners fun and interesting?
Well, this gathering is the best chance to talk to your family. By asking funny questions, you will also have a connection with the other person.
So, we put together this list for everyone and you are free to choose which questions you can ask for your dinner.
- With only what you have around you right now, how many zombies could you kill before they took you down?
- Which items would you imagine stockpiling if they were no longer being sold?
- Which appliance in your home would you keep if you could keep only one and why?
- What is the worst hairstyle you have ever had?
- Is there any funny way you ever went to the bathroom?
- What animal would we be if we all lived in a zoo?
- What would you bring with you if you had to live on a space station for three months and only allowed to bring three personal items with you?
- What animal would you choose if you had your human body but the head of an animal?
- If you planned our next holiday, which places would we visit and what activities would we have?
- Who would your parents be if they were characters in a book?
- You could attend a PhD program with full tuition paid by a mysterious benefactor — what would you study — and why?
- If you were a fart, would you prefer being loud and proud or silent and deadly?
- Your worst piece of advice that others regretted?
- What do you think was the weirdest thing you and your partner ever did together?
- What inanimate object would be the most annoying if it were to play blaring upbeat music while being used?
- In case you could only eat pizza, wings, or burgers for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- Which day in your life has been the happiest and why?
- What rule would you make if everyone in the world had to follow it and why?
- What made you smile or feel good today?
- If you had the ability to change your name, would you switch it and what would that change be?
- Which would you rather have: world-class looks, being a genius, or fame for doing something great?
- If you were to travel back in time and meet your ancestors or go into the future to meet your descendants, which would you choose?
- Which animal would you choose if you had to choose one to have as a pet?
- What’s the funniest news story you’ve ever heard or read?
- If you had the power of invisibility just for a day, what would you do?
- What mythical creature would make the world a better place if it existed?
- Is it Better to be as hairless as a gorilla or as hairy as a balding ape?
Funny Questions to Ask for Kids
Thinking of a way to get your kids talking?
Children, nowadays, are very curious about their surroundings and will ask a lot of questions to their parents.
Now, let’s turn the table upside down. This time, parents will be the ones who will ask funny questions to their kids to get them talking.
This will bring out the humor in them and their silly answers.
- Would you rather be as small as an ant or as tall as a giant?
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
- Can you tell me the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
- If you built your own house when you grew up, what would look like?
- If you could live in any movie, if you had to be the bad guy, which movie would you choose?
- What would you do to make everyone on the planet smile?
- I would love to have some superpower, so I want to know, if you had one, what would it be?
- Could you think of someplace Mommy would like to go today if she had the chance to go anywhere in the world?
- Which would you rather have: a room with your brother or a room with your Daddy? Why?
- Is there something that happened today that left you scared or alone?
- Would you rather be constantly feeling like you need to sneeze or being tickled all the time?
- What do you do on a free day off from school?
- Do you wish to be the biggest man or would you prefer to be the smallest one?
- If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be, and why?
- Did you do something you liked today?
- After you wake up in the morning, what do you like to do?
- M&Ms or marshmallows – which would you rather swim in?
- Which spot is your favorite when you play hide and seek?
- In what place would you make your secret hideout and what would you keep within it?
- If Harry Potter and Mary Poppins faced off in a magic duel, who would win?
- What treasure are you most likely to find on a treasure hunt?
- If you had a choice between pesky leg muscles for a day and huge arm muscles for a week, which would you choose?
- What would you build in your backyard if you could?
- Do you have a favorite movie you tend to watch all the time?
- How can milk go bad when refrigerated but stay fresh in a cow that is not refrigerated?
Always remember, a good conversation is also a good discussion. Wherever you may go, whoever is with you, a family member, a friend, a workmate, or even your partner, you can always count on these funny questions we have for you.
Everybody loves to have fun and laugh. So why not check these funny jokes too? It makes the other individual smile and will prolong the conversation.
- Star War Jokes (Even you are a Star Wars fan or not, these jokes will hurt your stomach like a lightsaber.)
- Jokes for Teens (Wherever you are, whatever the time of the day, you can easily use these lists of jokes. It definitely makes you giggle!)
Are you a funny person or not-so? Either way, this article from Social Pro about how to be funny in a conversation for non-funny people will help you.
Now that you are loaded with lots of funny questions, I hope you can use this in your future conversations with anyone. Don’t forget to share your experience with us too! Add them in the comments section below.