Funny Questions to Ask
Thinking of something cool and funny to start a conversation?
Or thinking how not to get bored during a conversation? Or let’s say that you met someone and it’s your first time to meet.
How would you make someone be very comfortable talking to you? How would you start a conversation naturally and have a connection with each other?
I think we have an answer to that one!
Having essential qualities for a good conversation is also a plus. Once you ask funny questions, good conversations will follow.
One is by showing the other person that you are interested in sharing your ideas and at the same time, to hear his/her ideas. Both of you can change brilliant ideas.
This will help you express your own opinions and make the other person start to relax and be comfortable.
Also, make eye-to-eye contact to show that you are really interested in keeping the conversation going.
Funny and Random Conversation Starters
Sometimes, we just want to ask random questions to initiate a cheerful conversation. Being confident is an advantage when asking funny questions to avoid discomfort.
Just being yourself will make the conversation effortless and enjoyable. There you go, enjoy this list of funny conversation starters and get ready for a hilarious conversation.
- What are some of your guilty pleasures that you’re willing to admit?
- Would you rather wear shoes every single second for the rest of your life or never be allowed to wear shoes ever again?
- What scene in a movie always makes you laugh every time you watch it?
- What’s the worst commercial you’ve recently seen? Why is it so bad?
- If you had to choose one animal to help you win a fight, which animal would you choose?
- What is the craziest thing one of your teachers has done?
- What’s the craziest thing that you ever were done?
- What’s the first thing you would do if a zombie apocalypse breaks out?
- What would be the creepiest thing you could say while passing a stranger on the street?
- Would you rather always feeling like you have to sneeze or that you are always being tickled?
- Would you rather go to Hogwarts, to Rivendell, or the Death Star?
- If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would you pick?
- If you have to plan a romantic night, what would you plan for your partner?
- If you lost the ability to talk and could only communicate with animal sounds, which would you use?
- If you could audition for a talent TV show, what song would you pick and why?
- What’s the craziest thing on your bucket list?
- If you found out you were the direct descendant of a king or queen, would you go find them and claim your throne or keep your life as it was?
- What do you feel when you hear someone scraping a fork on their teeth while they’re eating?
- What’s the worst food you ever ate?
- If you were to have twins, what would you prefer? Twin boys, twin girls or a mixed pair?
- When it comes to toilet paper, do you set the flap over or under?
- Why do sleeping pills have warning labels that state: Caution – May Cause Drowsiness?
- Would you rather have unlimited sushi for life or unlimited tacos for life?
- How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?
- If animals were as intelligent as humans, what types of jobs would certain animals be uniquely qualified for?
Funny Questions for your First Date
First dates will be very exciting.
You will get to know each other and will share about anything about your lives. Yes, it will be nerve-racking at first, but saying funny questions for your conversation will shrink the awkwardness aside.
Why don’t you take note of these questions and we promise this will be a big help for your first dates.
- Are you more of an indoors or outdoors person?
- What’s something I wouldn’t guess about you?
- What two items could you buy that would make the cashier the most uncomfortable?
- If you could eliminate one food so no one could eat it ever again, what would you destroy?
- According to you, which reality TV show is the funniest?
- What’s Your Favorite Thing To Do In Your Free Time?
- If you were granted three wishes, but couldn’t use the wishes to wish for money or material goods, what would wish for?
- If you could lose one of your five senses, which would you give up?
- If you could replace your hands with anything, what would you choose?
- What ice cream flavor describes you?
- If you could be a famous person for a week, who would you be and why?
- What’s one thing you wish people would talk about less and what’s one thing you wished people spoke more about?
- What Sort Of Things Make You Laugh Out Loud?
- If you could do something mischievous without anyone ever finding out, what would it be?
- If a plane crashes on the border between the United States and Canada, where do they bury the survivors?
- You accidentally ate some radioactive pizza. The good news is it tasted great! The even better news is that it’s given you one superpower of your choice. What do you choose?
- What are some traditions or superstitions you have for the First Day of School?
- Would you rather work 8-hours standing or 10-hours sitting?
- If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and what character would you play?
- Is it possible for someone to be one person within but entirely different and opposite outside?
- Do you prefer dating just one person and see where it goes or dating multiple people until you make a decision?
- What is the best and worst thing that has happened to you this year?
- What ridiculous and untrue, yet slightly plausible, theories can you come up with for the cause of common ailments like headaches or cavities?
- What are three items you could buy together at the grocery store to make the cashier laugh?
- If you could take just one thing with you to a deserted island, what would you choose?
Funny Conversation Starters for Family Dinner
How can you make family dinners fun and interesting?
Well, this gathering is the best chance to talk to your family. By asking funny questions, you will also have a connection with the other person. Laughing is also good for the mind and the body.
So, we put together this list for everyone and you are free to choose which questions you can ask for your dinner. This list is relevant yet funny and the ultimate recipe for breaking the ice and getting ready for a funny conversation.
- Using only what you have around you right now, how many zombies would you be able to kill before they take you down?
- What product would you stockpile if you found out it wasn’t going to be sold anymore?
- If you could keep only one appliance in your house, which one would you choose and why?
- What’s the worst hairstyle you’ve ever had?
- What’s the funniest way you ever went to the bathroom?
- If we all lived in a zoo, what animals would we be?
- If you were sent to live on a space station for three months and only allowed to bring three personal items with you, what would they be?
- If you had your human body, but the head of an animal, what animal would you pick?
- If you planned our next family vacation, where would we go and what would we do?
- If mom or dad were a character in a book, who would they be?
- If you could enroll in a PhD program, with your tuition paid in full by a mysterious benefactor, what would you study — and why?
- If you were a fart, would you rather be loud and proud or silent but deadly?
- The worst advice you’ve given that others regretted?
- What’s the weirdest thing you and your partner have ever done together?
- What inanimate object would be the most annoying if it played loud upbeat music while being used?
- If you could only eat pizza, wings, or burgers for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- What has been the happiest day of your life so far and why?
- If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow, what rule would you make and why?
- What made you smile or feel happy today?
- If you could change your name, would you change it and what would it be?
- Which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius, or famous for doing something great?
- Would you rather travel back in time to meet your ancestors or would you rather go to the future to meet your descendants?
- If You Had To Choose One Animal To Have As A Pet, Which Animal Would You Choose?
- What’s The Funniest Thing You’ve Seen On The News?
- If you suddenly had the power to become invisible just for a day, what would you do?
- What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
- Would You Rather Be Completely Hairless Or As Hairy As A Gorilla?
Funny Questions to Ask for Kids
Thinking of a way to get your kids talking?
Children, nowadays, are very curious about their surroundings and will ask a lot of questions to their parents.
Now, let’s turn the table upside down. This time, parents will be the ones who will ask funny questions to their kids to get them talking.
This will bring out the humor in them and their silly answers.
- Would you rather be as small as an ant or as tall as a giant?
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
- What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
- If you built a house when you grew up what would it look like?
- If you could live in any movie, but you had to go as the bad guy, which movie would you want to live in?
- If you wanted to make everyone on the planet smile, how would you do it?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Where do you think Mommy would like to go today if she could go anywhere in the world?
- Would you rather have to share a room with your brother or a room with Daddy? Why?
- What was something that happened today that made you feel scared or alone?
- Would you rather always feeling like you have to sneeze or that you are always being Tickled?
- Free day off of school, what do you do all day?
- Do you wish to grow up to be the tallest man or love to shrink to be the Smallest man?
- If you could choose a new name for yourself, what would it be, and why?
- What was your favorite thing to do today?
- What do you like to do after you wake up in the morning?
- Would you rather swim in marshmallows or m&m’s?
- Where is your favorite hiding spot when you play hide and seek?
- Using only what you have around you right now, how many zombies would you be able to kill before they take you down?
- If you had a secret hideout, where would it be and what would you keep inside it?
- Who would win in a magical duel: Harry Potter or Mary Poppins?
- If you went on a treasure hunt, what treasure would you like to find?
- Would you rather have jiggly legs for a day or the biggest arm muscles for a week?
- If you could build anything in the backyard, what would it be?
- What is your favorite movie that you like to watch always?
- Why does milk go bad when it is not refrigerated but stays fresh in a cow that is not refrigerated?
These entertaining questions are all interesting and it will bring out the joy of communication for anyone.
Now that you are already loaded with lots of funny questions, I hope you can use this in your future conversations with anyone.
Believe it or not, the time will come that you will need this, and let this be your guide to have a merry and bubbly conversation.
Always remember, a good conversation is also a good discussion. Wherever you may go, whoever is with you, a family member, a friend, a workmate, or even your partner, you can always count on these funny questions we have for you. We know that this may help you make the people around you feel more comfortable talking to you.
Asking funny and random questions will be a good conversation starter if you just knew someone and hoping to have a good discussion.
These will also help you enhance your communication skills while having a good time.
Yes, we know that starting a conversation is quite a challenge.
We always want someone to talk to, to share how our day was but still wishing that someone will not get bored in the middle of the conversation. Putting funny but with humor, questions can add a little spice to it.
Funny it may think but this can help you prolong the conversation you have with anyone, and of course, also put a smile on your face. Everybody loves to have fun and laugh.
Asking funny questions makes the other individual smile and will definitely prolong the conversation.
Despite the fact that our world has a serious problem right now which is the Coronavirus Pandemic, this will not stop us from having a good time with our family and friends.
We can still have a funny conversation with them or with anyone with the use of our mobile phones.
As a result, good conversations give life to positivity and leave you very optimistic. And you will never struggle to start a conversation again.