Fun is something you like to do, right?
Are you looking for some new riddles that will make your brain work and keep it guessing?
Here you go! We’ve compiled a list of the best hard riddles for adults.
The following jokes are the best things to do to enjoy your day while also keeping your mind active. So read on, take in these challenges, and find out which ones stump you!
Challenging Riddles for Adults
- What has thirteen hearts but doesn’t have any other organs? A deck of cards.
- The boy and an engineer were fishing. The engineer is the father of the boy, but the boy is the son of the engineer. So who is the engineer? The engineer is the boy’s mother.
- Doctor and bus driver were both madly in love with the same young woman, Sarah. The bus driver had to take a long trip which would last a week before he could see Sarah again. Why did the bus driver give her seven apples before leaving? An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
- B is A’s brother. B is C’s brother. C’s father is D. How is D related to A? A is D’s aunt.
- In the past, I am always found, in the present, I can be created, but the future can never taint me. What am I? History.
- What is at least 6 inches long, goes into the mouth, and is even better with vibrating? A toothbrush.
- Cities exist, but houses do not. Mountains may exist, but trees are not found. Water does not have fish. What am I? A map
- Throughout the day, women and men pound on me. I handle freight from my shaft. What am I? An elevator.
- Two fathers and two sons are in a car, but there are only three people in the car. How is that possible? They are a grandfather, father, and son.
- My body has been taken from a mine, and I am locked in a wooden case, but I am still used by everybody. Who am I? Pencil lead.
- A boat filled with people is not sinking, but when you look again, you do not see a single individual on the boat. Why? All the people were married.
- Why can you only hold it with your right hand, but not with your left? Your left hand
- How can you physically stand behind your father while he stands behind you? You and your father will stand back-to-back.
- You change me every month, no matter how little or how much you use me. What am I? A Calendar.
- I’m not for sale, but I can be taken in a glance. I’m worthless to one, but priceless to another. What am I? Love.
- I have keys, but no locks, no space, and no bedrooms. You can enter, but you can’t leave. What am I? A keyboard
- Occasionally, big balls hang from me. I’m known as a big swinger. What am I? A crane.
- If I am given food, I will live. If I am given water, I will die. What am I? Fire
- What will their towels say if two snakes marry?? Hiss and Hers.
- It’s possible to touch me, it’s possible to break me, you should win me if you want me. What am I? A heart.
- My life is measured in hours, and I serve you by expiring. I am quick when I am thin, and slow when I am fat. The wind is my enemy. What am I? A candle.
- Why does this English word have three consecutive double letters? Bookkeeper.
- I have two coins that are worth fifteen cents. One of them is not a nickel. What are the two coins? A dime and a nickel. One of the coins is not a nickel, but the other one is.
- Is there anything that’s messy, annoying, and/or tricky to clean up after sex? Feelings.
- When I go in hard, I come out soft, and you love to blow me. What am I? Chewing gum.
- A convicted murderer must choose between three rooms: one with a raging fire; one with assassins with loaded guns, and the third with lions who haven’t eaten for years. Which one is the safest? The room with the lions because the lions are already dead.
- What English word is the odd one out – Stun, Ton, Evil, Letter, Mood, Bad, Snap, Straw? Letter.
- My pointed fangs are pointed, and I serve out fate. I grab bloodless victims, leaning against them and physically joining with a single bite. What am I? A stapler.
- Humans make me, saved me, changed me, and raised me. Who am I? Money.
- Man approaches a painting in a museum and says, “I don’t have any brothers and sisters, but that man’s father has my father’s eyesight.” Who is in the painting? The man’s son.
Riddles are a lot of fun to solve, and they can also be challenging. And if you think your brain is up for the challenge, then give these riddles a go!
Are there any good riddles that aren’t here? Please post them in the comments below.
You’re feeling funny, right? Check out some of our hilarious jokes that’s sure to make your day better.
- Funny Jokes About Studying To Have More Fun With Your Homework
- Hilarious Boss Jokes That Make You Feel Better When You Are Stressed At Work
- 69 Seriously Dirty Jokes and Memes (That Will Make You Cover Your Eyes)
If you want more puns, visit our entire collection of Funny Jokes Today.
A riddle seems to be amongst the most common puzzles throughout civilizations. Still, how beneficial are riddles to us? Find out here.