Star Wars teaches us countless lessons that we can apply in real life. Several of those big ideas are encapsulated in a few lines of eminently quotable dialogue.
Star Wars is over 40 years old, but it still retains the charm and awe of a new release. It is this timeless quality that makes it so captivating to generations of fans. There are plenty of quotes from the movies that have stayed with fans for decades as the franchise continues to be updated with more and more movies.
The following are some of the most memorable Star Wars quotes that we can use in life.
Star Wars Quotes
- “In time, the suffering of your people will persuade you to see our point of view.” — Nute Gunray
- “I’m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.” — Jango Fett
- “Every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget, I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, we’re lost.” — Cassian Andor
- “To die for one’s people is a great sacrifice. To live for one’s people, an even greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people.” — Riyo Chuchi
- “An object cannot make you good or evil. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, even the desire to do good can lead some down that path. But only you can change yourself.” — Bendu
- “Never underestimate a droid.” —General Leia Organa
- “Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes.” — Anakin Skywalker
- “You can’t stop the change, any more than you can stop the sun from setting.” — Shmi Skywalker
- “I like firsts. Good or bad, they’re always memorable.” — Ahsoka Tano
- “You’re just a child in a mask.” — Snoke
- “Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.” — C-3PO
- “We had each other. That’s how we won.”— Lando Calrissian
Star Wars Quotes: Han Solo
- “It’s not my fault.”
- “Laugh it up, fuzzball!”
- “Women always figure out the truth. Always.”
Star Wars Quotes: Luke Skywalker
- “I’ll never turn to the dark side. You’ve failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.”
- “Let go of your hate.”
- “Strike me down in anger and I’ll always be with you. Just like your father.”
Star Wars Quotes: Obi-Wan Kenobi
- “In my experience there is no such thing as luck.”
- “Your eyes can deceive you; don’t trust them.”
- “Who’s the more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?”
- “Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our viewpoint.”
- “The Force will be with you. Always.”
- “If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.”
Star Wars Quotes: Darth Vader
- “I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
- “Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, director.”
Star Wars Quotes: Leia Organa
- “Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.”
- “You know, no matter how much we fought, I’ve always hated watching you leave.”
Star Wars Quotes: Qui-Gon Jinn
- “Your focus determines your reality.”
- “There’s always a bigger fish.”
You will be inspired and reminded of some important lessons through these Star Wars quotes, as it was for me. We can learn valuable life lessons from a few lines of iconic movie quotes that even longer and more complex novels couldn’t provide. People have been fascinated with movies like Star Wars for generations, and I hope you found this blog useful.
Let me know in the comments what your favorite quote from Star Wars was and what it meant to you!
Check out Funny Jokes Today for a complete collection of funny puns, inspirational videos, and motivational quotes.
Get to know the actors who starred in Star Wars since 1977.