The idea of retirement is that it’s a time of relaxation, rest, and rejuvenation. But it is not without some hilarious moments. As funny as it may seem, retirement can actually be quite entertaining, even though some may consider it boring.
Funny retirement jokes help lighten the mood during times of stress. As an added bonus, it allows you to make jokes at your own expense.
We’ve rounded up the most hilarious retirement jokes that are worth sharing!
Funny Retirement Jokes
- Why are retired folks masters at banishing boredom?
- Because they’ve honed the art of “freedom” finding!
- What’s the top priority for a retiree in the morning?
- They consult their calendar, hoping to spot a wild “weekend” lurking in the weekday jungle!
- Why did the retired math whiz become a gardener?
- Because they wanted to “cultivate” a new kind of arithmetic – counting petals instead of numbers!
- Why do retirees excel at time travel adventures?
- They’ve got oodles of “spare” time to journey through the ages!
- How can you turn a retiree’s Monday frown upside down?
- Whisper in their ear, “Surprise! It’s still the glorious day of rest – Sunday!”
- What’s the retiree’s most sought-after skill?
- The fine art of “nap-ology,” where they’ve mastered the delicate balance of snoozing and snoring!
- How do you determine your age?
- At 9:00 PM, people call and ask, “Did I wake you?”
- What is the “initial” state of retirement?
- SS, CD’s, IRA’s, AARP.
- Why do retirees always smile?
- Because they can’t hear a word you’re saying!
- What time does a retiree go to bed?
- Three hours later, he falls asleep on the couch.
- How do retirees refer to a long lunch?
- Why do retirees have no problem with the term seniors?
- The term comes with a 10 percent discount.
- Are there any people that are most difficult to convince to retire?
- Children at bedtime.
- The prostitute retired for what reason?
- She screwed up!
- How many retirees does it take to change a light bulb?
- Only one, but it might take all day.
- The butcher retired for what reason?
- He was cut off in his prime!
- If you’re over the retirement age, how do you know?
- Instead of lying about your age, you start bragging about it!
- How can you tell if you’re getting older?
- You go to an antique auction and three people bid on you!
- She found her retired husband waving a rolled up newspaper around his head when she came home.
- Wife: “What are you doing dear?”
- Husband: “Swatting flies. I got three males and two females”
- Wife: “How on earth do you know what gender they are?”
- Husband: “Easy: three were on the beer, and the other two were on the phone.”
- My brother and I visited our grandmother in the hospital.
- Whenever my brother says, “Grandma, I can’t stand to see you like this…”
- My grandmother replies, “Well, get out of here!”
Funny Retirement Sayings
- Retirement has nothing to do with my age… It has to do with my income.
- You should start thinking about retirement before your boss does.
- A retired husband is often a wife’s full-time job.
- Retirement is the time in your life when time is no longer money.
- Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.
- Don’t mess with old people… life imprisonment is not that much of a deterrent anymore.
- To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
- Just remember… it’s better to pay full price than to admit you’re a senior citizen.
- When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.
- My wife and I have started aggressively planning for our retirement, and by that I mean we’re playing the lottery 3-5 times per week.
- Retirement is like a never-ending vacation.
- Retirement is like having two six-month vacations every year.
- The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off. – Abe Lemons
- Now Fridays aren’t the best day of the week anymore… they all are!
- I wish I could reveal my age, but I just can’t. It keeps changing all the time.
- During your work life you pick up a lot of bad habits… like working.
- Retirement is often called the longest coffee break in the world.
Retirement Planners Unite
Retirement is meant to be the best time of your life, but it can be difficult to adapt to. It can be so much different than what you are used to. When you are not used to change, it can be difficult. The best way to get through these tough times is laughter.
Enjoy the best jokes, quotes, and songs in our entire collection. It will brighten your day and make it more enjoyable. Some of them are listed below.
- Best Food Quotes That Will Get You Hungry and Even Love Eating
- Funny Graduation Jokes Will Have You Laughing Throughout the Ceremony
- Funny Lockdown Videos That Will Have You Laughing Out Loud