Bug jokes may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but for us, they’re a hive of laughter.
Some may argue that bug jokes are a niche category, but we believe they have universal appeal. After all, who hasn’t been annoyed by a mosquito buzzing in their ear or felt a shiver down their spine at the sight of a spider? By poking fun at these creepy crawlies, we’re able to take some of the fear out of them and turn them into something we can all laugh about.
So, whether you’re looking to tickle your funny bone or just want to learn a little more about the world of insects, we’ve got you covered with some of the best bug jokes around.
As insect enthusiasts, we love to tell bug jokes. Here are some of our favorites, split up by insect type.
- The ant refused to go to the picnic for what reason?
- Because it already had its own ant-tent!
- An ant that likes to be alone is called what?
- An independANT!
- The ant went to the doctor for what reason?
- Because he was feeling antsy.
- How do you describe a happy insect?
- A jolly ant!
- If a bug plays football, what do you call it?
- A soccer-ant!
- When a bug is used by the government, what do you call it?
- A civil ant!
- Can you tell me what a spider’s favorite TV show is?
- The Web of Lies!
- On the computer, what did the spider do?
- Made a website!
- What makes a spider a good dancer?
- It has all the right moves on the web floor!
- How did one spider respond to the other when they met on the web?
- “You’re not the only one hanging out here!”
- When a spider sings, what do you call it?
- A Humdinger!
- When a spider gets married, what do you call it?
- A newlyweb!
- The spider went to the computer for what reason?
- To check its website!
- When a bee can’t decide what to do, what do you call it?
- A maybee!
- What was the reason for the bee’s marriage?
- Because it found its honey!
- The hair of bees is sticky, so why are they sticky?
- Because they use honeycombs.
- A cockroach that’s always on the phone is called what?
- A roach-a-dial!
- What made the cockroach go to the bar?
- To get smashed!
- What do you call a fly that’s always moving?
- A fly-by-night!
- The fly went to the computer for what reason?
- To check its email!
- A fly without wings is called what?
- A walk.
- If you have a grasshopper that keeps calling, what do you call him?
- A hop-a-long!
- What was the reason for the grasshopper’s visit to the doctor?
- Because it was feeling jumpy!
- How do you describe a ladybug that is always on the phone?
- A lady-call!
- The ladybug went to the party for what reason?
- To find its spot!
- Do you know how to start a bug race?
- One, two, flea, go!
- Can you tell what kind of bug is really into music?
- A beetles fan!
- What made the ladybug go to the bar?
- It wanted to get plastered!
- What do you call a mosquito that’s always on the move?
- A skeeter-totter!
- The mosquito went to the doctor for what reason?
- Because it was feeling a little blood-thirsty!
- Why did the mosquito visit the dentist?
- To improve his bite.
- Termites that are always on the phone are called what?
- A termi-talk!
- The termite went to the bar for what reason?
- To get its wood on!
- Do you know what you call a worm that moves constantly?
- A wormhole!
- What made the worm go to the computer?
- To find its apple!
The Great Bug Quiz
Bug jokes are a great way to bring some humor into our lives. We’ll laugh and buzz with joy at these clever puns and wordplay. Keep these hilarious bug jokes in mind next time you’re in need of a laugh and share them with your family and friends.