Reading is a passion for many of us. Maybe, you are a bookworm. Maybe, you are a lazy reader. Maybe, you are a slow reader. Maybe, you are a speed reader. Maybe, you are a non-reader. Maybe, you are a lover of reading. Maybe, you are a reader of offline books. Maybe, you are a reader of online books.
Whatever the case may be, reading has always been a part of human culture. And humor finds its way, in every nook and corner of the world.
We guarantee that these reading jokes will lighten your mood and make your day. So read on!
Hilarious Reading Jokes
- What’s the tree that books adore?
- The bookmark tree – where leaves hold your place in leaf-turning tales!
- Why did the book become a spectacle enthusiast?
- Because it misplaced its spine and needed some “glass-y” support for reading!
- How can you get a tissue to groove?
- Add a pinch of “bookie-woogie” and watch it “page”-turn on the dance floor!
- What’s the secret to books being the best pals?
- They’re masters of disguise with epic “cover” stories that keep you hooked!
- How can you tell if a book’s head over heels in love?
- It’s got an entire library of “chaptered” confessions about its beloved subject!
- What’s a book’s ultimate treat?
- Why, “bookie cookies,” of course – they’re the most novel snack you can munch on while reading!
- Do you ever feel like you’re spending too much time reading?
- Yeah. Me neither.
- Do you know the book about hands?
- It’s a real page turner.
- How come librarians can’t get through mystery books?
- They keep reading between the lines.
- Planets like to read what?
- Comet books!
- How come the kid always sat in his wardrobe when reading a book?
- Narnia business!
- What caused the Romanian to stop reading at night?
- To give their Bucharest!
- Swiss Cheese can read, did you know?
- Yeah, it’s favorite book is the Holy Bible!
- Which book do you like to read while eating breakfast?
- Much Ado About Muffin!
- What prompted the math textbook to visit the guidance counselor?
- It needed help figuring out its problems.
- Which is a bee’s favorite book?
- The Great Gats-bee.
- How does your feline shop?
- By reading catalogs.
- You have never read Fitzgerald, right?
- You Gatsby kidding me!
- Why can’t avid readers visit the world’s largest library?
- It was overbooked.
- What did the reader say when he was crushed under a book?
- “I can only blame my shelf.”
- Is there a difference between a boring person and a boring book?
- You can shut the book up.
- Why did Shakespeare always write with a pen?
- Pencils were confusing to him. 2B or not 2B?
- What does one library book say to another?
- “Can I take you out?”
- How do monsters reveal their fortunes?
- They read their horror-scopes.
- What’s a librarian’s favorite bait for fishing?
- When you throw a lot of books into the ocean, what do you get?
- A title wave.
- When books become scared, where do they go?
- Under their covers.
- Why did Dracula visit the library?
- He wanted to sink his teeth into a good book.
- Where can he find books about Big Foot at the library?
- The large-print section.
- What are you, a library book?
- Because I am checking you out.
- How come the ghost kept coming back to the library?
- He went through his books too quickly.
Funny One Liners & Quotes About Reading
- Reading is a novel idea.
- Readers do it between the covers (or alternatively, readers do it between the sheets).
- My attention has been drawn to a book about anti-gravity… I just can’t put it down.
- I just wrote a book about reverse psychology. Do not read it.
- When I think of books, I touch my shelf.
- When I touch these books, we are blown away (for a display of blue book covers).
- Ben: Mom, I got a 100 today in school!
- Mom: That’s great. What in?
- Ben: A 40 in Reading and a 60 in Spelling.
- A book never written: “The Best Subject in School” by Jim Class.
- Could a librarian be called a bookkeeper? referee be a game warden? dairyman be a cowboy? cabinetmaker be the president? — J. Lee
- Never judge a book by its movie. —J. W. Eagan
The Book Hoarder Quiz
Let’s face it, reading is no longer as fun as it once was. With so many distractions, it’s difficult to just focus on the book in your hand. You can use these reading jokes as a way to lighten up your day, and they will help you get through a long stressful day.
Here is a list of 50 of the funniest books of all time that you simply can’t miss if you love to laugh.