As the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama served from 2009 to 2013. The story of his life is one that is very characteristic of the American heartland, of middle-class values, of the importance of education and hard work in order to advance, and of his conviction that a blessed life should be lived in service of others.
We have compiled 30 of his most memorable quotes for you to admire and be inspired.
Inspiring Obama Quotes About Life
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
- “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”
- “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.”
- “Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.”
- “Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.”
- “Issues are never simple. One thing I’m proud of is that very rarely will you hear me simplify the issues.”
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
- “We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent.”
- “We proved that we are still a people capable of doing big things and tackling our biggest challenges.”
- “I think when you spread the wealth around it’s good for everybody.”
- “The cynics may be the loudest voices — but | promise you, they will accomplish the least.”
- “We need to steer clear of this poverty of ambition, where people want to drive fancy cars and wear nice clothes and live in nice apartments but don’t want to work hard to accomplish these things. Everyone should try to realize their full potential.”
- “We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes at 72 degrees at all times… and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That’s not leadership. That’s not going to happen.”
- “This is the moment when we must come together to save this planet. Let us resolve that we will not leave our children a world where the oceans rise and famine spreads and terrible storms devastate our lands.”
- “Even when folks are hitting you over the head, you can’t stop marching. Even when they’re turning the hoses on you, you can’t stop.”
- “We want everybody to act like adults, quit playing games, and realize that it’s not just my way or the highway.”
- “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help… Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”
- “But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people, and do our best to help them find their own grace. That’s what I strive to do, that’s what I pray to do every day.
- We have real enemies in the world. These enemies must be found. They must be pursued and they must be defeated.”
If you want to know more inspiring quotes related to life, then read Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes which will inspire you to become the best version of yourself, or Madonna Quotes that will encourage you to live your life with true passion.
Best Obama Quotes About Politics
- “A good compromise, a good piece of legislation, is like a good sentence; or a good piece of music. Everybody can recognize it. They say, ‘Huh. It works. It makes sense.’”
- “Now we’re in the midst of not just advocating for change, not just calling for change – we’re doing the grinding, sometimes frustrating work of delivering change – inch by inch, day by day.”
- “What I believe unites the people of this nation, regardless of race or region or party, young or old, rich or poor, is the simple, profound belief in opportunity for all – the notion that if you work hard and take responsibility, you can get ahead.”
- “With the changing economy, no one has lifetime employment. But community colleges provide lifetime employability.”
- “If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists – to protect them and to promote their common welfare – all else is lost.”
- “When we think of the major threats to our national security, the first to come to mind are nuclear proliferation, rogue states and global terrorism. But another kind of threat lurks beyond our shores, one from nature, not humans – an avian flu pandemic.”
- “No party has a monopoly on wisdom. No democracy works without compromise. But when Governor Romney and his allies in Congress tell us we can somehow lower our deficit by spending trillions more on new tax breaks for the wealthy – well, you do the math. I refuse to go along with that. And as long as I’m President, I never will.”
- “In a world of complex threats, our security and leadership depends on all elements of our power – including strong and principled diplomacy.”
- “It’s not enough to train today’s workforce. We also have to prepare tomorrow’s workforce by guaranteeing every child access to a world-class education.”
- “The shift to a cleaner energy economy won’t happen overnight, and it will require tough choices along the way. But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact.”
- “Through every victory and every setback, I’ve insisted that change is never easy and never quick; that we wouldn’t meet all of our challenges in one term, or one presidency, or even in one lifetime.”
President Obama is commonly credited as one of the greatest orators in modern history (although the title is somewhat controversial), and his public speaking ability is recognized even by his political opponents.
Are there any other Obama Quotes that you never forget and that motivate you? Feel free to share them below in the comments.
Check out Funny Jokes Today‘s entire collection to find more puns and quotes.
Take a look back at what Obama’s greatest achievement was in the history of America.