There is no denying that science is a serious subject. Even deep thinking can give you a headache, no matter what you’re learning or teaching. Science, on the other hand, lends itself to some fascinating jokes.
Our 38 favorite science jokes are here to entertain your students. This is the perfect formula to make people laugh.
Hilarious Science Jokes of All Time
- How do you call a tooth in a glass of water? One Molar solution.
- It was a light read. Perhaps we should examine some weightier subject matter.
- The science teacher tells his class, “Oxygen is necessary for breathing and life. It was discovered in 1773.” A blonde student says, “Good thing I was born after 1773! Otherwise, I would have died without it.”
- Even scientists enjoy bar jokes. It seems this formula works across the spectrum.
- Have you heard about the story of the recycling triplets? The three of them are named Polly, Ethel, and Ian.
- Saturn was married more than once, how do we know this? It’s because she has so many rings!
- Well, that is good news. See! Science and pop culture can connect! It’s astronomy humor for the win!!
- A valley girl with a science humor accent. Periodic table gossip.
- You want to know how many times I tell element jokes? Periodically.
- What will never go viral, no matter how popular it gets? Antibiotics.
- They choose the phrase “action oriented.” And all the best containers too.
- The story of a hematological love. Overheard in the phlebotomists’ break room.
- We had some earthquake humor today. Well at least it wasn’t a complete disaster.
- When Silver Surfer and Iron Man team up, they would be alloys.
- It’s a running joke. Where did they get those cool sneaks?
- It seems like there aren’t enough beef jokes. Ba-dum-bum!
- “Do you have any acetylsalicylic acid?” asks a chemist as they walk into a local pharmacy.” “You mean aspirin?” asked the pharmacist. “That’s it! I can never recall that word.”
- A book on helium had me enthralled. I couldn’t put it down.
- How can we determine the gender of a chromosome the fastest? Pull down its genes.
- Teen1: Did you hear magnesium and oxygen got together? Teen 2: OMg!
- Is there a way to make the sea half? Using a see saw!
- Before they collided, what did one beam of light say to the other? You can absolutely crash on my photon, dude.
- Would you like to hear a joke about potassium? K.
- How can you not trust atoms? They make up everything.
- There are 10 kinds of people: People who can read binary and people who cannot.
- Why should you not mock paleontologists? Because you will get Juraskicked
- Molecule 1: I’ve lost an electron. Molecule 2: Are you sure about that? Molecule 1: I’m positive.
- How could photons have mass? Perhaps they are Catholic.
- What did the thermometer say to the graduated cylinder? “You may have graduated, but I have many degrees.”
- On his biology exam, how did the English major define microtome? An itsy bitsy book.
- How is it that chemists are such good problem solvers? They are always looking for solutions.
- What are the core elements of humor? Sulfur, Argon, Calcium, and Samarium. Otherwise known as SArCaSm.
- What makes behavioral scientists’ teeth so bad? Floss aversion.
- What do you ask Daniel Kahneman when he goes to the bathroom? Is it a system 1 or a system 2?
- Have you heard about the behavioral scientist who wanted to help people save for retirement? No, because you were auto-enrolled.
- You know, behavioral scientists aggravate me. They never take accountability for anything and they are always talking about whose default it is.
- Teacher: What do you find interesting about an octopus? Student: They have 8 testicles.
- Two scientists walk into a bar. The first requested for H2O. The second requested for H2O too. The second one dies.
Science jokes can be an excellent way to share your point while using humor, and they make science education easier for those who might find it hard to learn.
We’ve all got funny science jokes, so what’s your favorite? Let us know in the comments area below.
You might find it therapeutic to laugh at some jokes. Check out our other lists of funny jokes.
- Math Jokes (You’ll laugh your pants off with these jokes. Promise!)
- Road Trip Jokes (I’m sure it will add to your memorable moments during your trip!)
Check out YouTube for science cool experiments.